Recommendations concerning Coronavirus
What is the new coronavirus?
An outbreak of a new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, is spreading from China to various parts of the world. The virus can cause symptoms such as cough, fever and shortness of breath. In a limited number of cases, it has led to more serious infections and even death.
- ● Avoid contact with sick people, especially those with coughs.
- ● Avoid markets and places where live or dead animals are handled.
- ● Wash your hands regularly with soap and water OR use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- ● Avoid contact with animals, their secretions or feces.
For those of you who have been in physical contact with people who have travelled to infected areas:
If you have no symptoms (fever, cough, respiratory infection…): we recommend that you apply the principle of self-monitoring.
Travellers coming from a high-risk exposure zone:
If you have recently returned from a high-risk exposure zone and develop fever, cough or breathing difficulties within 14 days of your return:
- ● Stay home and avoid contact with other people.
- ● Call a doctor and tell him or her about your travel history and symptoms. The doctor can assess the situation and take appropriate action.
- ● Avoid going to the emergency room or your doctor’s waiting room.
- ● Avoid unnecessary travel and follow local regulations.
Up-to-date information on coronavirus:
- ● We recommend that you consult the recommendations of the FPS Public Health https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.
- ● Latest news: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/news/
- ● General information about the virus: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/info-2019-ncov/
- ● Questions and Answers: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/faqs/